Release 3.2.6 - 16th January 2014
Reference and geography data from Network Rail's BPLAN system has been made available. This data will be updated twice a year. Documentation on the data format is available.
Schedule data in native CIF format is available for all operators. Links to the data are available on the Open Rail Data wiki.
Release 3.2.4 - 6th August 2013
Geographic TD area feeds
Per-area Train Describer (TD) feeds have been updated to include new TDs which have been added after March 2013. Data for new TDs will now automatically appear in the TD_ALL_SIG_AREA topic.
The 'CIF_stp_indicator' field is now populated in association records.
Release 3.2.2 - 26th March 2013
ActiveMQ has been upgraded from version 5.6.0 to version 5.8.0 to fix bug related to Stomp heartbeats. Subscribers using Stomp will now be able to use heartbeats to keep connections alive.
If a subscriber's message queue exceeded five minutes (for example, if the subscriber was processing messages slower than they could be produced), messages were being posted to a Dead Letter Queue on the server, resulting in a performance hit. This feature has been disabled, and expired messages will be silently dropped.
Geographic TD area feeds
Per-area Train Describer (TD) feeds have been updated to include new TDs which have become live after June 2012. There is no impact on downstream systems.
Release 3.2.0 - 28th January 2013
Non-passenger train data
Anonymised freight train data is now included in the feeds. This allows the analysis of train movements by non-passenger operators.
This will affect the following feeds:
- SCHEDULE - schedules for non-passenger operators are included
- VSTP - late notice schedules for non-passenger operators are included
- Train Movement - real-time movements for non-passenger operators
- TD - berth-level data for non-passenger operators
The SCHEDULE and VSTP feeds have the train reporting number (headcode) and train category removed. Before the train commences its journey, an anonymous identifier, in the format CXXX (where C is the original train's class and XXX is an identifier which will increment from 00A to 99Z) will be allocated, and this will be reported through the Train Movement and TD feeds.
Additional signalling data
The TD feed will contain three additional message types - SF, SG and SH - for train describers which support S-Class data. These messages contain information on the status of signal aspects, routes set, point positions, track circuit occupation and other low-level data.
As a result of the changes to implement non-passenger train data, the TD feed will include Class 0, 3 and 5 trains that are operated by a passenger operator.
See the TD page for more information.
Additional reference data is being supplied:
- The SCHEDULE feed will include TIPLOC records from ITPS. The 'full' data will contain a snapshot of all TIPLOC data, and the 'update' data will contain incremental updates.
- Data from CORPUS, with a snapshot of NLC, STANOX, TIPLOC, CRS and UIC code data is available through the web interface
- Data from SMART, with details of berth steps and the locations to which they apply, will be available through the web interface
See the reference data page for further information.